privacy COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or otherwise provide information directly to us, including when you register with us, purchase products, participate in our interactive features or otherwise communicate or interact with us on the Site.
The information we collect may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that can identify you such as name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, and user name. We may also collect demographic information, such as your location, education, profession, age, gender, as well as other information, such as your hobbies and special interests. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Site, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information in instances where we have not requested that you submit such information to us.
Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Site (“Usage Information”), which may be stored in log files. Usage Information includes, without limitation:
- Browser information, including browser type and version;
- Device identifiers;
- device type (e.g., Windows or Macintosh);
- screen resolution;
- referring/exit pages;
- date/time stamps;
- operating system version; and
- data regarding network connected hardware.
Usage information also includes IP address. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We may use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, detecting fraud, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for any other purpose as permitted by this Privacy Statement. To the extent that we combine Usage Information with your Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information under this Privacy Statement.
Cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect Usage Information. Some Tracking Technologies are discussed below:
- Local Storage Objects. We and our third-party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in certain situations including to recognize you and remember what is in your shopping cart. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you generally cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs from your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, and to learn how to control them, click on the Support Page for the Flash Player and choose Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs on your device now, go to the Website Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
- Pixel tags. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. However, in contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on website pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags) in connection with the Site to, among other things, track the activities of our Site visitors and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. We and our third-party service providers also may use clear GIFs in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and identify when our e-mails are viewed or forwarded.
- Widgets and similar technologies. If you choose to utilize a widget or similar technology on the Site, such technology may collect information about you. Any Personal Information or other information you make available through such technology may become available publicly, for example, through social media and other websites and platforms on which the applicable technology is also available. In addition, some technology may have the capability to be distributed “virally” in other locations (for example, a friend or a customer of yours may post the widget that contains your information to his or her blog). New Avon is not responsible or liable for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information and/or other information that is made publicly available.
- Location-identifying technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location. You may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain location-based services, by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- In-app tracking methods. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile apps, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifiers, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps. With respect to our mobile apps, you can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
Some information about your use of the Site and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Site and certain Third Party Services.